WHO WE ARE: We are the Harrisburg Christian Performing Arts Center (HCPAC). We provide a safe, positive environment where community arts and Christian education are available to all. We produce six Mainstage performances throughout the year in conjunction with three Companies: The Possibility Players, The Victory Players, and The Eternity Players. Our facilities are the hub for Christian arts, worship, and entertainment in the Harrisburg area, welcoming everyone to take the stage and proclaim their faith to the community!
OUR PROMISE: At HCPAC, performers are challenged, encouraged, and evangelized. Each performance opportunity is secondary to our commitment to authentic relationships that build the body of Christ in the Harrisburg community. We hold no church services, and answer to no denomination, but point participants toward Christ, and then connect them with local churches to further their walk with the Lord.
MISSION: We exist to connect the performing arts community to a relationship with Jesus Christ.
ABOUT US: God made us in His image, and He is a creative God! As such, we believe we’re more of a home missions organization than your standard educational theater, though that is a key component of how we communicate with students.
Not-yet-believing students come to our organization because of the high standard for quality theatre and education. Sometimes, these are students that would not normally walk into a church setting. Yet, here they are presented with the gospel in a very non-threatening way and we see students come to a saving knowledge of Christ as a result. Other Christian students are strengthened in their faith and are encouraged to be ministers to their peers. Ultimately, we encourage all participants to find a local church community to continue their Christian growth.
- We welcome everyone to our community with open arms and hearts
- We strive to develop relationships that uplift others
- We take a genuine interest in each other’s growth and development
- We go out of our way to ensure that tasks get done on time
- We follow the teachings of Christ in all we say and do
STATEMENT OF FAITH:
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His vicarious and atoning death through his shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in his ascension to the right-hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful men, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit, by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost: they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers of Christ.