Thank you for your willingness to volunteer for HCPAC! We are a volunteer-driven organization, and we treasure those who are willing to give of their time and energy to help this ministry. The safety of children involved in our programs is paramount, and we want everyone to be confident in our ability to provide a safe and secure environment. As a result, HCPAC intends to be fully compliant with the new state laws that require background checks for every prospective volunteer coming into contact with children, to be renewed every three years. These requirements are:
- Act 34 – Criminal Record Check from the Pennsylvania State Police: https://epatch.state.pa.us/ Cost: Free for volunteers
- Act 151 – Child Abuse History Clearances from the Department of Human Services: https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS Cost: Free for volunteers
- Act 114 – FBI Fingerprint Clearance: https://www.pa.cogentid.com Cost $27.50, but only required if you have NOT been a continuous resident of PA for the last 10 years. You can submit a Disclosure statement to verify that you have lived in PA for the last 10 years instead. If you want to volunteer and the cost is difficult for you, please submit a copy of your completed clearance for reimbursement.
Concerning the Fingerprinting Process
• Appointments to be fingerprinted are not required, but pre‐registration is required either online or by phone. To register online, please go to www.Identogo.com; by telephone please call 1-844-321-2101 and listen to the options menu.
• When you register, you will have to provide a service code. Please refer to the Service Code table below. The “DHS volunteer” service code would include all HCPAC volunteer services.
• Once registered, you may walk‐in during a location’s posted hours of operation, but scheduling an appointment may lead to lesser/no wait times. In order to pre-register for a FBI background check and/or find a fingerprinting location, applicants should access the IDEMIA website. It is strongly encouraged that the employee or volunteer contact the site prior to going there as the information on the IDEMIA website may differ from actual hours of operation.
Below are the service codes available for applicants applying under the DHS:
|Service Code||Applicant Type||Description||Department|
|1KG6ZJ||DHS Volunteer||An individual applying for or holding an unpaid position as a volunteer with a child-care service, a school or a program, activity or service, as a person responsible for the child’s welfare or having direct volunteer contact with children.||Department of Human Services|
All completed documents should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have completed these clearances for another organization within the last 12 months, please send a copy of these forms to this email address so they are on file at HCPAC prior to starting volunteer activities.
We ask for your patience with any inconvenience this may cause. We think that keeping kids safe from harm is worth it, and hope you will join with us in this effort. Thank you!